Firstly, a big thank you to everyone who’s tagged me for blog awards and memes over the past two years; I truly appreciate the kindness. I must admit, though, I’m pretty terrible at completing the tasks involved in being tagged. That said, when the hilarious, wonderful, and brilliant writer Kath wrote eleven unique questions for me to answer, I somehow found myself type-typing away. Here goes (with random photos to keep things lively)!
Blurry Food Blogger in action!
1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because my mother told me to. Mum has an amazing ability to know exactly what I should do to make my life jazzier. Except, of course, when she says: “Hannah, during the time you’re house-sitting for us next week, you should clean out your childhood bedroom”. That’s not helpful advice at all. The poor confused dear.
The other reason I started blogging was that I went overseas for four months, and the blog proved to my friends and family that I was alive. This was particularly useful when I did things like accept offers from strange men to join them in hotel rooms.
2. What is your middle name and why did your parents select it?
Gwendoline; it’s been passed down through my mum’s family for generations.
3. Toilet paper folder or scruncher?
I don’t understand the premise of this question. I am A Lady, and ergo don’t have to use the toilet. Did Lizzie Bennet ever go to the bathroom? I think not! Exactly. I win.
4. What do you do at home when everyone else is out?
The usual. Dance frenetically to music, do cartwheels in the living room, imagine future conversations with people in my head whilst pulling all the relevant facial expressions, eat pickled onions straight from the jar with my favourite teaspoon, and pride myself on learning tricky song lyrics by heart (Sondheim, I’m looking at you).
5. You’ve been given five hundred bucks to spend on nothing useful and just yourself. What do you do with the cash?
An intense massage session; the kind where the pain almost makes you cry but it’s utterly worth it. A pair of heels covered in sequins, so that I can sparkle with every step. A toilet-trained puppy to cuddle for a day. (But not a golden retriever, because, well, really.)
6. It’s finally come true. One of your ‘five celebrities you’re allowed to sleep with’ has walked into your kitchen and is up for it. Who is it?
The entire main cast of The West Wing (not all at once, mind you).
7. Name one famous person you think ‘has their shit together’. Explain why.
Amy Poehler, because I want Leslie Knope to be real.
8. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
I get out of bed in the morning because even on the days where I feel broken, there are always a myriad small moments that set my soul on fire and my heart to dancing.
9. Who would you like to smack in the face, publicly disprove all of their stupid opinions and freeze their bank accounts?
I just wrote a long ranting paragraph about the current state of Australian politics (and politicians), but deleted it on account of its not being in the spirit of jazziness and sparkles.
10. Low slung jeans on boys – how do we eradicate this disease?
In truth, I’m more concerned with skinny jeans these days. And leggings-as-pants. And the return of rat’s tail haircuts. Won’t anyone save us from the rat’s tails?
Question Time For You: Answer one (or more) of the above questions?