That stupid stupid vicious cycle of demon-doom whereby you can’t sleep because the stress won’t stop clawing at your consciousness and blurring your vision despite your attempts to calm yourself down by singing Air at 3am in a faux-happy-semi-hysterical voice (just watch me spark / I glow in the dark) and then the dragging sense of tiredness that turns your shadow into anxiety because how can you possibly get everything done you can’t you feel sicksick about it and also you don’t have any forks at home only spoons and your new housemate is moving in and you still haven’t bought a bathmat for the shower and you really can’t keep using a towel for that purpose any longer and you hate that you’re downing paracetamol but you have to think straight and now the dentist is giving you your own personal plastic syringe and then you’re laughing so hard during your 11am coffee-making rendezvous at work that you and Jenni both collapse on the floor and you remember that life is brilliant and ridiculous and searing and breathless and knife-like and charming and there is somuchsomuchsomuch to look forward to and be thrilled about and half the fun is not knowing where you’ll be in a year’s time and sometimes a purebred huge fluffy puppy a giant giant puppy on the street this giant puppy worth thousands of dollars licks all the way from your ankle to your knee in one swift puppy-tongue movement and if that’s not a good omen then what is?
The kind of smoothie that’s so thick it’s like ice cream, and so full of sweet-fresh-zingy-in-season-vibrantly-stunning fruit that every sip (or spoonful) is like taking a step away from anxiety and a step closer to the kind of giddy delight that makes it all worthwhile.
Frozen bananas, juicy pineapple, crisp pristine white nectarines, sweet vanilla, rich coconut milk, and a scoop of Sunwarrior to help you take on the world.
Vegan Almost-Like-Tropical-Ice-Cream Banana Pineapple Nectarine Smoothie
- 1 large banana, frozen in slices
- ½ cup frozen pineapple, in chunks
- 1 medium white nectarine, chopped
- ½ – 1 scoop Vanilla Sunwarrior protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or more, if you want your smoothie to be more smoothie-like than so-thick-you-must-eat-with-a-spoon-like-soft-serve)
- dash of cinnamon, to taste
- Blend everything in your Vita-Mix , adding more milk of water if you need or want to (you made need to in a less high-powered blender, but it’s up to you), to an almost-smoothie-almost-soft-serve consistency.
- Sip slowly, reveling in the fact that this smoothie is almost as refreshing as sleeping.
Question Time: Where is your happy place? I must admit, the above photo is but one of mine. That said, it’s a good’un!