What is it with Italian lion statues and their balls?
Fourteen Things I Have Learnt In The Past Week
1. It is entirely possible to put toothpaste on your toothbrush, wet the toothbrush, go to brush your teeth, and end up with toothpaste on your cheek. The middle of your cheek. Many centimetres away from your mouth.
I still don’t really know what happened.
2. I have become slightly addicted to coffee oatmeal pudding. In a saucepan, I simmer rolled oats, soy milk, instant coffee (so sue me), sugar, ground cardamom and chia seeds for about 5 minutes, then I pour the mixture into a bowl and put it in the fridge for a few hours. It sets up beautifully, and I feel happy.
3. I’m going to the midnight screening of the newest Harry Potter movie this Wednesday/Thursday, and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
4. Some of the people I’m going to Harry Potter with have bought $4 plastic wizard wands from Big W. I’m a little bit jealous, and I’m not ashamed to admit that either.
5. I have a fear of forgetting to put on pants before I leave the house in the morning.
6. I’ve decided where I want to go for dinner my first night in Melbourne next month, but I’m not sure how to get my brother to take me there. I’m tossing up between subterfuge and appealing to his adventurous spirit.
7. Marking exams is so much more fun than marking essays. In a completely unrelated note (ahem), I think the world would be a better place if we all started referring to “ethnicities” as “ethnicieties”.
8. I had coffee with a friend on Sunday who always makes me feel thirty times better about the world and myself than I was feeling before. On Sunday, she made me feel thirty times better about the world and myself than I was feeling before. J-lady, I heart you.
9. It is entirely possible to accidentally write and send a garbled text to someone just by trying to answer a call on your new touchscreen phone. A.ActuarialSpy, I apologise for confusing you.
10. I get cranky when I’ve been sick for a week and haven’t been able to try any new chocolate for fear of incorrectly assessing its flavours. (Yes, I take this chocolate reviewing thing quite seriously.)
11. On a recent episode of Bones, someone said that if you flush the toilet with the lid up then a mist flies into the air and you might as well be brushing your teeth with excrement. I am, in a word, traumatised.
12. SUGAR-DUSTED BABY ELEPHANTS IN A FIELD OF COCONUT DAISIES!
13. That was supposed to make us all forget # 11.
14. Life is better with hugs.
Who would’ve thought such a stern-looking statue-face could exist in the same [Boboli] gardens as this hilarious monstrosity?