I count myself truly lucky to have found at this sublet not only a bed to sleep in and a kitchen to dance around (ooh! and stairs to get concussed falling down on!), but also three inspiring, passionate, driven, and wonderful women to become friends with.
Erin, thank you for sharing your career- and life-wisdom, and for the joy of playing duets together on the keyboard. Maíra, thank you for allowing me to borrow your room, for the Brazilian chocolate, and for always keeping an eye out for opportunities for me.
Sarah, thank you for everything that you are, for every late-night heart-talk and gigglefit, and for being someone I can’t conceive wasn’t always in my life.
Whole Foods, thank you for your contribution to our spread. Olives, thank you for hiding almonds within your depths; that was a delicious surprise. San Pellegrino, thank you for being so fizzy, both alone and as part of the cocktail I didn’t partake in because orange liqueur was involved.
Medjool dates, pecans, almonds, coconut sugar, and vanilla, thank you for being perfection. Thank you for joining together to create these no-bake vegan blondie gems for my housemate gems. Thank you for being delicious, and for providing a sweet ending to a night that was already very sweet.
No-Bake Vegan Blondie Gems for Gems
Adapted from Amber’s Famous Five-Minute Raw Vegan Blondies
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free if need be)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, gloriously squishy and sweet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
1. Process the pecans, almonds, and oats in a food processor until fairly finely chopped (but not a complete powder).
2. Add the dates, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, and process until the mixture is cohesive and sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
3. Roll into small balls and store in the fridge or freezer, or alternatively on a plate to wonderful friends, right now.