What’s a girl to do when the Special K Satisfaction cereal that she bought purely because it was on sale starts to bore her to tears and there’s still one bowl’s worth of “wheat bran flakes, crispy rice puffs, rice-soy squares and crunchy oat clusters” left in the box?
Why, she writes a stupidly long one-sentence paragraph as the introduction to the blog post you’re now reading, that’s what.
Which do you think is worse: that I greatly amused myself by calling this creation Special K-rispie Treats or that, the whole time I was making these, I was serenading my empty house with Deliver Us from The Prince of Egypt? With all my heart and soul?
I wonder if she would have accepted a Special K-rispie Treat as a bribe not to tell anyone?
I guess we’ll never know.
Special K-rispie Treats
Adapted from my Toffee Rice Krispie Treats
Makes 12-15 small squares
- 1.5 tb (22g) non-dairy spread (or butter)
- 2 cups (141g) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup (45g) Special K Satisfaction cereal
- 1 1/2 cups (45g) Brown Rice Krispies
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt the non-dairy spread until melted and just starting to sizzle. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in both types of cereal until completely mixed through.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and, using wet hands, press and smooth the surface. Leave to set in the fridge, then cut into squares and store in the fridge or freezer.