Can I be honest with you for a minute? Just a wee minute?
There are a few things I need to get off my chest.
I poured unsweetened vanilla almond milk
over my bowl of All-Bran
let it sit for ten minutes
to soak through and become soft
I topped the whole thing
with a layer of crackly-sweet-sugar-crackly kettlecorn
I am both seventy years old and five years old.
the heart wants what the heart wants.
is sometimes I wake up
and I can’t breathe for giddiness at
this shining glorious
but sometimes I wake up
and I can’t breathe for fear
that everything will come crashing down
I made these brilliant
mini mango lime cheesecakes
exactly one year ago
and I forgot to share them with you.
but I never forgot the taste:
creamy sweet rich-mango luscious
(like a Weis bar, but better,
and the base
so nutty wonderful.
my parents and I
ate these mini mango cheesecakes while watching Chocolat
into the early hours of the morning.
we saw the stars.
Raw Vegan Mini Mango Lime Cheesecakes
Makes 9 mini cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for six hours or overnight, drained
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 2-3 tb agave nectar, to taste (depending on sweetness of mango)
- 1 tb fresh lime juice
- 1 tb coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
- To make the crust, pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the dates, sesame seeds, and salt and pulse until mixture is combined.
- Divide between nine holes of a muffin tin (I used a silicone muffin tin), pressing down firmly to create the crusts for the cheesecakes.
- Clean the food processor bowl, then tip in the soaked (but drained!) cashews and pulse several times to break them up. Add all remaining ingredients and process until the filling is a smooth puree. This could take a few minutes and, if it makes your heart sing, feel free to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Pour the delicious creamy mango filling evenly over the prepared crusts (not directly into your mouth), then freeze for at least two hours. Before serving, thaw for a few minutes at room temperature (or a bit longer in the fridge) for optimum creamy delicious miracle of wonderment and joy.
P.S. For a similar recipe but far nicer photos (the camera that took these photos a year ago was a sad old beast only able to work on a macro setting), check out at my mini raw vegan huckleberry plum cheesecakes.