take one idyllic mountain escape
complete with breathtaking, soul-melting sunsets
mix it together with a cascading bowl
of bejewelled and just-picked radiant huckleberries
juicy golden farm-fresh plums
creamy cashews and queenly coconut oil
sweet Medjool dates
cashews sesame sunflower seeds
perhaps a luminescent sprig of emerald mint
and you will find that
the epitome of sweet-fresh-creamy-rich-zingy-refreshing-luxurious perfection
(on a caramel nutty base)
is encapsulated in
the most gorgeous
raw vegan mini huckleberry plum cheesecakes
you ever did see
so go on.
Raw Vegan Mini Huckleberry Cheesecakes
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
For the crust
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¾ cup Medjool dates
- pinch of salt
For the filling
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 8 hours or overnight, then drained
- 1 overflowing cup of mixed fresh huckleberries and juicy sweet golden plums (if you also have a ripe peach from your farm on hand, you might as well throw that in too)
- 3 tb agave or maple syrup
- 1 tb lemon juice
- 2 tb coconut oil, melted
- pinch salt
- For the crust: pulse the cashews, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds to a fine crumb in a food processor or blender). Add the dates and pinch of salt and pulse until fully combined and starting to stick together.
- Divide mixture between twelve muffin cups (I used a silicone muffin tray), pressing down firmly.
- For the filling: pulse the cashews in a food processor or blender until starting to break down and become smooth, then add the fruit, agave (or maple) syrup, lemon juice, coconut oil, and pinch of salt, and keep processing until the puree is smooth and delicious. So very, very delicious.
- Very delicious.
- Pour the filling over the date-nut crusts in the muffin cups, and then place in the freezer for at least two hours to set.
- Share with friends, preferably in the sunshine, with laughter abounding and happiness threading through your universe.