A friend who comes to all of your Canberra gospel concerts to watch you sing, and who buys both you and herself tickets to the Soweto Gospel Choir as your early birthday present. A friend who laughs when you clown around before the performance and then puts her arms around you when you start sobbing during intermission.
(Yes, in public.)
(I’m one classy lady.)
A friend for whom you make white chocolate macadamia blondies when life is proving that she’s a diamond: beautiful, shimmering, worth millions and, no matter what, so strong that no attempted scratches from external forces can truly damage her.
A friend for whom you make these Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Truffles, to celebrate both her stunning finish in Psychology Honours and her resilience, and to thank her for her friendship, love, laughter, and happiness.
Oh, and also to prove again to the world that, no matter how much you clothe these treats in the title “truffles”, you truly are the Queen of Balls. The Queen of Naked Balls, no less. After all, why roll truffles in cocoa or coconut when they taste this good unadorned?
I know I say this a lot, but you should really make these vegan truffles. Everyone who tried them loved them, including my very-not-vegan parents.
So go on… take a bite. Prove to the world that you, too, are a diamond.
Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Truffles
Based on my Vegan No-Bake Anzac Biscuit Truffles
- 1 cup (120g) cashews
- 1/2 cup (45) desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup (60g) rolled oats
- pinch sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 (40g) tart dried cherries, chopped
- 2 [Australian] tb (30g) dark chocolate, chopped
- Place the cashews, coconut, rolled oats, and salt in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add in the agave and vanilla and pulse again until the mixture comes together.
- Stir or pulse through chopped cherries and dark chocolate.
- Roll into balls the size of your choosing, call them truffles to save your dignity, store in the fridge or freezer or, even better, give to one of your favourite people and start clapping with glee in the middle of a restaurant when she tries one of the truffles straight away and exclaims that it’s delicious.