It’s too hot. Very hot. So hot that I’m going a bit loopy.
Case in point:
1. At 11:40pm last night, I started vacuuming my bed whilst singing “A Spoonful Of Sugar” from Mary Poppins at the top of my lungs, all because I found a few flying ants on the sheets.
2. I posted a Facebook status about how the heat makes the social convention of wearing clothes seem like a cruel joke. I then immediately deleted the status because I feared it put me and nakedness too close, contextually. That isn’t something I like to force on people.
3. There is no room in my fridge for real food because it’s stacked full of chocolate that would melt in the pantry. (Well, I have half a cabbage, two plums, soymilk and a bag of flaxmeal somewhere in the fridge, but they’re hard to reach.) I’m okay with this.
Anyhoodle, what I’m trying to say is this: it’s hot and my brain is addled. Consequently, now seems like the perfect time to post my answers to the Four Things meme, which fellow chocoholic Victoria tagged me with weeks ago. Oh, and because I have no relevant photos for my answers, I’m setting myself up for ridicule by posting pictures of me as a child.
Apparently I’ve always felt the urge to show off new dress purchases
The Four Things Thing of Thingness:
Four TV shows that I watch:
1. The West Wing with my mother. This always takes place accompanied by Irish Cream-flavoured coffee and chocolate.
2. Battlestar Galactica with my father. This only takes place when the American football season is over. (Bring on Superbowl Sunday [or Monday, Australia-time]!)
3. Pushing Daisies. Because it is gorgeous.
4. 30 Rock. Because Liz Lemon hits scarily close to home.
Four things I’m passionate about:
2. My family, and not just because many of them contributed to creating me. I genuinely like who they are as people.
3. Travel, because I feel free, light, independent, and like the best version of myself when I’m exploring new places.
4. My friends, because they make the world less scary and life feel worth it.
Four words/phrases I use a lot:
1. That was just me being a nincompoop.
3. Holy bucket!
4. If you have a problem and you need a helping hand, cross the dell and ring the bell, he’ll understand. Con’t worry, ’cause here comes Oakie Doke. The friendliest of folk is Mr Oakie Doke.
Four things I’ve learned from the past:
1. Hiding from the world because you’re scared of failure is a surefire way to make yourself miserable.
2. Chocolate is a superfood.
3. Thinking that you’re worthless can lead you to unintentionally hurt the people who care about you. (Realising this was a rather big moment for me, actually.)
4. It is possible to survive your brother sitting on your head for an extended period of time.
Four places I would like to go:
1. Everywhere my dearest blogfriends are.
2. [Back to] France.
3. Anywhere with a Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, or gourmet chocolate store.
4. To me. *snicker*
Four things I did yesterday:
1. Ate chocolate.
2. Ate raw vegan cookie dough truffles (post to come!)
3. Felt happy inside after reading blog comments and emails.
4. Complained about the heat.
Four things I am looking forward to:
1. A cool turn in the weather. (Please happen, afternoon thunderstorm.)
2. Figuring out what to do with my life.
3. Finishing my raw vegan cookie dough truffles so that I can make another, equally-tasty, raw vegan dessert.
4. More travel. Eventually.
Four things I love about winter:
1. Nothing. I hate the cold even more than I hate the excessive heat. Seriously, would you enjoy weather that turns your toes purple? Exactly. Exactly. (Well, okay, I do like being able to use my oven without suffocating my apartment, and I do like the lack of bugs.)
Tag four people to play along:
I can’t help feeling that a lot of people have already done this meme, so I’ll instead open it up to anyone who wants to have a go. And if you don’t have a blog, feel free to give your answers in the comments!